About the Wine
About The Winery
Built by the noble Loré de la Ragotière family in the 14th century, Château de la Ragotière was purchased in 1979 by brothers Bernard, Francois, and Michel Couillaud. After acquiring the property, the brothers discovered an old cellar in the chapel housing vintages dating back to 1947. The thirty hectare (over 74 acres) estate is home to schist and micaschist soils that produce late-maturing and well-structured wines, particularly good for keeping. Today, the new generation - Amélie, daughter of Bernard, and her husband, Vincent Dugué - lead the estate.